Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lea Hernandez review

Lea Hernandez OK I'm not a pro yet, but starting today I'll start doing research to learn from the best of the best.
yesterday I TRIED TO EMULATE LEA HDZ ART.I FOUND THIS PICTURE IN HER BLOG http://divalea.livejournal.com/






THE FIRST TIME I HEARD ABOUT LEA WAS WHEN MARVEL COMICS DID THOSE AWFUL MANGAVERSE COMICS (IN ANOTHER DAY I'll TELL WHY I DIDN'T LIKE THAT EXPERIMENT)

she did the manga punisher I didn't like at all.
next time her name ring my bell was when her home was burned down, the comic community joined forces to help her (even in my lousy comic was a link to that cause) recently I'm her blog its part of my morning internet crawl.I learned a lot from her videos and sample drawings her art is more cartoony than manga,






a while back she confessed that she liked butch hartman art in his Danny phantom series, AS I can see their art is similar the shape of the head , haircuts STYLE AND the use of claws instead of hands in her female characters and using a minimalist approach to give her characters more personality and movement.




















OF COURSE I COULD ONLY DREAM TO DRAW LIKE HER TO END THIS POST Here's A TEN MINUTE SKETCH EMULATING HER LAST PIECE OF ART IN CONTRAST OF MY CHARACTERS AS YOU CAN SEE I STILL NEED TO LEARN MORE.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home